Magpad

Magpad

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Jesus Loved the Children

Some of my favorite experiences here in Belize are my encounters with the children.  As we pass by, they alway have a smile and greeting for us.  If the opportunity arises, I like to hand them a little something from my purse.  

Often, as we pass this house, the children stand at the door and wave. 
Finally we stopped and I gave them my smile/frown handout that I have a supply of in my purse. They were so happy to receive it. 

This picture is an excellent  illustration of a child's reaction to receiving the handout.  
My first Christmas in Belize I started handing out simple naivety sets printed on card-stock. The children loved receiving and playing with them so much, I have started handing out the set anytime of the year, not just at Christmas time.   
Sister VandeMerwe gave me this simple 12 piece puzzle of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus.  Children love doing this puzzle over and over again.  

Here are the resources for the above activities if you want a supply in your own purse.  

Click here to go to the madebyjoel.com link for the Nativity Scene.  I print it up on card-stock paper and put the set in a quart ziplock bag.
 
To make the smile/frown handout, I print the following two pages back to back on card-stock paper and cut out each picture.
You can order the Mini Puzzle of the baptism of Jesus at deseretbook.com by clicking here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment