Magpad

Magpad

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Good Things to Come - Happy Father's Day

I’ve had similar experiences to the story told in the video as a little girl with my father and family in Fernley, Nevada.  Also as a wife and mother with Scott, in Victorville, Calif.  I’m grateful for the fathers and husbands in our lives who have the courage to always keep moving ahead when faced with difficult  trials.  Happy Father’s Day!
You an also see the video by clicking here

The closing two paragraphs are my favorite words from the video:  

Just two weeks ago, I drove by that exact spot. For just an instant, I thought perhaps I saw on that side road an old car with a devoted young wife and two little children. Just ahead of them, I imagined that I saw a young fellow walking toward Kanarraville, the weight of a young father's fear evident in his pace.

In that imaginary instant, I couldn't help calling out to him, "Don't you quit! You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead." Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come till heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment