Magpad

Magpad

Thursday, October 8, 2015

The Power of Music

I was blessed to grow up in a home where I was exposed to a lot of music.  My brothers and I had our own record player with a record collection of children's songs.  My mom had albums of  musicals, like Camelot and movies, like Sound of Music.  My mom played the organ at our church, so I was exposed to hymns.  My mother was also the pianist for a singing trio.  My mom listened to the radio station KABL, San Francisco (a music station that played classics)  as we drove around in the car.  We watched Andy Williams TV show faithfully.  As a teenager in the 60's and 70 I listened to a lot of Beatle's and Monkees music.  (Hey, Hey, we're the Monkees!)

I always knew music was powerful.  As I listen to Somewhere Over the Rainbow, I am taken back to my childhood where I am watching The Wizard of Oz in our family room with my family.  This clip shows how song writers use music to touch our lives and take our emotions places.
You can also see the video by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment