Magpad

Magpad

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing was performed at the Saturday morning session 2016 General Conference by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  They did  a beautiful rendition of the song as you can see by watching to the video below.
You can also see the video by clicking here.  

A member of the choir, C. David Belt, talks about his experience of singing this song to ldsdaily.com:

“Every time I sing with the Choir, I am so very profoundly grateful,” he said. “I am amazed that, out of all the very talented people out there who would love to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, I get to stand before my Maker and sing His praises with this marvelous group of people.”

One of Belt’s favorite things about being in the Choir is singing the arrangements done by Choir music director (and conductor/composer), Mack Wilberg. They are “so beautiful, so elegant, so thrilling,” Belt said. “It is as if he has bottled my Savior’s love, condensed it into the sweetest nectar, and I get to drink it.”

The special arrangement of “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” is no different. As Belt was singing, he felt the power of the Atonement wash over him.

“Elder Renlund had just told that story about the Aaronic priesthood administering the sacrament for one person, and that the Savior performed the Atonement for each of us individually.  I began to weep as soon as the song began.  I love songs about the grace of Jesus Christ, how He paid for my sins.  It’s very personal to me.  We had just sung, He to rescue me from danger interposed His precious blood.  He paid for MY sins, for ME.  Then we sang, Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it.  Prone to leave the God I love!  Here’s my heart.  Oh, take and seal it.  Seal it for Thy courts above.  

I love my Savior and I am so very grateful for what He did for me.  Songs like that one really touch me.”

 You can read the whole story from ldsdaily by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment