Magpad

Magpad

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Adversity

"Adversity will be a constant or occasional companion for each of us throughout our lives. We cannot avoid it. The only question is how we will react to it. Will our adversities be stumbling blocks or stepping stones?"  Dallin H. Oaks
This morning after watching Music and the Spoken Word on TV, a past BYU Devotional given by Dallin H. Oaks came on.  The speech was titled "Adversity" and it was given on January 17, 1995.  I agree with Elder Oaks when he said that "adversity will come to all." Then he asked, "how we will we react to it?"  I'm hoping that I'm using my adversities as stepping stones and that my adversities are making me stronger.

You can listen to the whole devotional below.  You can skip past the introductions and start listening to the meat of his devotional starting at 4:35.

You can read the speech by clicking here.  

1 comment: