Magpad

Magpad

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Happy Father's Day

I woke up this morning and saw that President Russell Nelson did a Facebook post talking about fathers on this Father's Day.  As I read his words, "...imperfect, yet devoted and loving fathers who tried to do their very best", I immediately thought of my dad.  





Enjoy reading President Nelson's complete Facebook post.  

No mortal father is perfect. I am not; neither was my father, nor his father before him. The scriptures are filled with true accounts of imperfect yet devoted and loving fathers who tried to do their very best, including Adam, Moses, Abraham, and others of the finest men who ever lived.

On this Father’s Day, I look with joy at my children, grandchildren, and ever-growing number of great-grandchildren. I am a personal witness of the multigenerational impact of a father who loves his children—and who loves the mother of his children.

There are few things more tender to children than the example of their caring father. What fathers say and do lasts forever in the hearts and minds of their children. Kindness, fidelity, honesty, patience, and devotion to God, country, and family are all defining characteristics of a righteous father.

Father’s Day is joyful for most but sorrowful for some. Gratefully, each of us can communicate with our Heavenly Father in prayer. He is never absent but is ever-welcoming. Our Heavenly Father is perfectly loving, perfectly understanding, and perfectly capable of helping us rise to meet any challenge we face. On this day, may we honor Him and strive to emulate His example, doing our very best, day after day.
Happy #FathersDay

Russell M. Nelson 
FaceBook
June 20, 2021

Marion C. Nelson, Russell M. Nelson, Russell Nelson, Jr.  

No comments:

Post a Comment