Magpad

Magpad

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Childhood Memories

I was telling my son-in-law, Dave, about some of my childhood memories I had with our Trailer Boat.  As you can see in this picture, it is a small trailer with a boat on top.  The inside of the trailer was a full size mattress.  The back of the trailer had a drop down tailgate that served as a table.  Behind the tailgate was storage area.  
During the summers we had the Trailer Boat, we would pull it to Utah from California and my Grandpa, Dad, and brothers would take it camping/fishing.  
In these pictures the Trailer Boat is being pulled by our Ford convertible.  How cool is that?  
My Dad was always looking for ways to have adventures when we spent our summer vacations in Utah.  As you can see in this picture, there is a mini-bike attached to the front of our station wagon and the Trailer Boat is hooked to the back. 
Imagine my delight when after Dave heard my memories, he sent me this link. 
It is totally worth the 3 minutes to watch this video.
You can also see the above video by clicking here.  

In the Youtube description, it says:   It is a 1962 Trailerboat built in California. Only 15 are known to still exist. The roof of this 9 ft. mini camper lifts off and is a boat! There is a fiberglass ceiling under the boat....  

Only 15 are known to still exist?!?!  To whom and why did my Dad sell our trailer boat???   I think he sold it so he could get this bigger camping trailer. 
Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the many happy childhood vacation memories. 
This picture was taken on one of our yearly trips to Utah.  

No comments:

Post a Comment