Magpad

Magpad

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Songs of Testimony

Ever since I was a young child,  I have had a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I was introduce to the Gospel as I attended Sunday School and Primary and sang the children's hymns. 
This is a picture of me with my older brother, Craig 

Last week when I was in Idaho, I was invited to share my testimony to my grandchildren, ages 9-2.  What better way to bear my testimony than through the words of Primary hymns.

I like how this video portrays that the title of this song applies to everyone -- both young and old.

This song is sung using sign language.  Notice the first verse is a question.  The second verse is the answer.  

As an adult,  this hymn gives me a lot of peace, particularly during this COVID-19 pandemic.  I look to our prophet, President Russell M. Nelson as he has calmly counseled us with optimism. He invited us to fast and pray for healing and an end to the pandemic.   

The video shows examples of how we can "walk with Jesus". The song has a great message found in the chorus: 

As I walk with Jesus to my home above,
He will bless me with His Spirit and fill me with His love,
Change my heart forever and help me clearly see.
I will walk with Jesus, and He will walk with me. 

This song bears a strong testimony of the mission of Jesus Christ 

“The Miracle”
by Shawna Belt Edwards

Jesus walked upon the water.
He stilled the storm and calmed the angry sea.
With His hands He healed the leper.
He made the lame to walk, the blind to see.
He fed a thousand people with a loaf or two of bread.
And when the ruler’s daughter died,
He raised her from the dead.

Jesus is a God of miracles;
Nothing is at all impossible to Him.
But I know this:
Of all His miracles, the most incredible must be
The miracle that rescues me!

Jesus bled and died to save me—
A price that I could never pay alone.
When He rose again, He gave me
The greatest gift the world has ever known!
Yes, I can be forgiven every time that I repent,
And someday He will lift me up to live with Him again.

Jesus is a God of miracles;
Nothing is at all impossible to Him.
But I know this:
Of all His miracles the most incredible must be
The miracle that rescues me,
The miracle that rescues you and me!

© 2018 by Shawna Belt Edwards. All rights reserved. This song may be copied for incidental, noncommercial church or home use. This notice must be included on each copy made.

This song is a wonderful way to teach children about the Atonement, 

I  would invite you to share these songs with your children or grandchildren.   

(Click onto the title link of each song to watch each video on Youtube) 

No comments:

Post a Comment